April 3 – 12, 2020
This annual 9-Day tour explores the deep history of the southern Natchez Trace area and the pre-Civil War era known as the Antebellum South. The Trace has long been a vital conduit for Southern Pride and offers outstanding cycling opportunities with its rolling hills, incredible scenery, and ample stretches of road with light motorized traffic. Experience 165 miles of this cycling paradise through the most beautiful parts of Mississippi including Ridgeland, Port Gibson, and Natchez. An additional 120 miles off the Trace are included where you’ll experience the communities that gave rise to the enduring charm of Southern hospitality, including Ridgeland, Vicksburg, and Rocky Springs. Each day you’ll enjoy the authentic cuisine of the region and the unique culture of the American South. This area is also a favorite of both US Civil War and antebellum home enthusiasts with an abundance of history from the early days of Native American and European influences along the Trace and Mississippi River.
Whether you are a new or veteran cyclist, this region and tour is ideal for you. Our fully supported tour will provide a one-of-a-kind bicycle adventure and access to all the best-kept secrets of this area.
What to Expect:
The Natchez Trace is known for its flatter terrain. The areas around Vicksburg and Port Gibson are dotted with rolling hills, especially inside the Vicksburg National Military Park. Daily mileages range from 20 – 63 miles, with shorter options available. Bike rentals are available. Temperatures in the area range from the low 50’s in the evening to the upper 70’s during the day.
• Welcome reception and orientation
• 9 nights in Hotels or a Southern Bed and Breakfast
• 25 meals – 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 9 dinners
• Van support during the course of the trip
• Professional guide services by two BIKEternity trip leaders
• Daily route directions and maps, including GPX files for your GPS
• Sightseeing and Cultural Activities Include:
• Guided bicycle tour of the Vicksburg National Military Park
• Walking tour of Vicksburg
• Tour of the USS Cairo Museum
• Visits to Windsor Ruins and Alcorn University
• Guided tour of one antebellum home in Natchez
• Southern Road to Freedom Educational Choir Concert
Airfare is not included in the cost of the tour. Travel to and from our start point is the responsibility of each individual. Airport transfers. Insurance of any kind. Alcoholic beverages. Items of a personal nature.
Additional Planning Considerations:
Airline tickets - Please check with us before purchasing your airline tickets to ensure your trip is confirmed with the minimum number of participants required to operate.
Travel insurance - To protect your travel investment, we highly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. Please contact us for recommendations.